News (January 2021): Join us! We have both faculty and Ph.D. student openings.
I am a Shibulal Family Career Development Assistant Professor in the Faculty of Computing & Data Sciences at Boston University.
My interests include theoretical foundations of algorithms for big data and their applications to AI and machine learning. Among many other things, I have worked on algorithms for modern parallel and distributed frameworks and streaming and sublinear-time algorithms. During my time in industry, I have also contributed to many applied projects by designing and implementing efficient algorithms.
Before joining Boston University, I was a researcher at the IBM T.J. Watson Research Center, a Simons Postdoctoral Fellow at CMU, and a PhD student at MIT.
- Select publications:
- Walking Randomly, Massively, and Efficiently
(with Jakub Łącki, Slobodan Mitrović, and Piotr Sankowski)
The 52th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 2020).
- Round Compression for Parallel Matching Algorithms
(with Artur Czumaj, Jakub Łącki, Aleksander Mądry, Slobodan Mitrović, and Piotr Sankowski)
The 50th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 2018).
- Parallel Algorithms for Geometric Graph Problems
(with Alexandr Andoni, Aleksandar Nikolov, and Grigory Yaroslavtsev)
The 46th ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 2014).
- Polylogarithmic Approximation for Edit Distance and the Asymmetric Query Complexity
(with Alexandr Andoni and Robert Krauthgamer)
The 51st Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS 2010).
- Maintaining a Large Matching and a Small Vertex Cover
(with Ronitt Rubinfeld)
The 42nd ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC 2010).
- Constant-Time Approximation Algorithms via Local Improvements
(with Huy N. Nguyen)
The 49th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS 2008).
- All publications
- Program committees:
ESA 2012 (Track A),
- Short bio in Polish
- SUBLINEAR.INFO: a list of open problems in sublinear algorithms
- New York Area Theory Day: NYU webpage and Columbia webpage
- A list of local theory events: NYC Area Theory Events